Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February


Farmers rule.

For the last two days at work I've been dating things 2/1 and 2/2 and not even really thinking about it. It's a motion that I go through that I don't really ever give much thought to truthfully, because when I date things it's a mostly mindless process. However today when I was marveling at Bonustrons brilliant message from the future, I happened to notice on the sidebar that it was February's first post. This fact took me back for a moment, wow, we've already got a month of 2010 out of the way!

I decided then to write this post to make sure that reality had hit you with the same ton of bricks force that it had hit me with. How is your 2010 going so far? Have you bought that calendar we suggested? Have you stuck by your guns to that new years resolution, that picture a day project, that hope and inspiration that came with the New Future? I for one certainly hope so, and wish you continued good fortune and prosperity during your Bonus Time. And if you're sorely in lack of both of those, then it's time to start living your Bonus Time better, why not start now?

2010 has already been something of a rollercoaster year, so here's hoping that for the rest of it's duration it's more ups than downs. Here are some interesting events that will hopefully make your February more of a February to remember.

  • February 15th and February 24th are Flag day in Canada and Mexico respectively. America's flag day is June 14th, this is also my birthday so remember it.
  • February 4th, 25th, 26th and 27th are Independence days in Sri Lanka, the Phillipines, Kuwait, and the Dominican Republic respectively. July 4th is independence day in the United States, and July 3rd is my brother's birthday, which is equally important.
  • February is Black History Month, so be socially it's important to be socially conscious this month, as opposed of course to all the time.
  • February was one of the last two months added to the Roman calendar (with January). These two were late arrivals to the party because the Romans did not believe the winter warranted actual months. Hopefully February will prove them wrong this year, because with the shit weather January gave us I tend to agree with the Romans.
  • Because I've already mentioned mine, and my brother's birthday, it's only fair to mention that my youngest sister's birthday is the 27th. And also on the grounds of fairness I must mention my other sister's birthday is May 20th.
  • February 14th is no longer Valentines Day. It's an international drinking holiday for single people instead. When all those coupled assholes are spending their money on candy and stuffed bears, we'll all be spending our money on booze, which in the long run is a far better investment. Pre-screened / pre-approved couples may join the singles masses on this day, however only after an intense interview process. Couples still stuck in the "baby" phase need not apply.

1 comment:

mqdavidson said...

WITH ALL THAT WAS PREORDAINED THAT WHICH WAS LOST INSIDE THE MORTAL COMBAT OF SELF BEGOTTEN ON THE BATTLEFIELD AND MADE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE. SOME MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN, BUT NEVER BEGOTTEN IS BONUS AND IN THAT BONUS BLOOD WHICH WAS NEVER CONSTRUED MUST BE LET IN ORDER TO PAVE THE WAY FOR THE NEXT ASCENSION OF CHAMPIONS WHERE SUPER HEROES MAY DWELL BUT CANNOT BE FORGOTTEN IN NIGHTMARES AND THE SMELL OF VICTORY, AND THE SACRIFICE OF THE WA'YAH. G'AHHHHHH.

(Editors Note: The Warrior would like to wish a safe and happy February to all the Little Boners.)